Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fresh Vegetable Marinara Sauce


If you want to take a break from a heavier meat sauce, you should give this light and tasty vegetable marinara sauce a try.

Ingredients;

3 tbs olive oil

2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped

1 small eggplant, chopped

1 portabella mushroom cap, sliced

2 large cloves of garlic, minced

6 large Roma tomatoes, diced

1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped

Sea salt and pepper to taste

Crushed red pepper (optional)


Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add all ingredients and cover. Stir often. When vegetables start to become tender and tomatoes start to soften, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer covered for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally while the sauce is cooking. Once finished toss with your favorite pasta and serve.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia
    Love the picture & the recipe is wonderful!
    I shall make it!
    Thanks so much!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Margie,
    Thank you and your welcome!
    Blessings to you,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle,
    I hope you like this when you try it!
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lydia! i JUST noticed your comment, can you tell i'm new to this? :)

    i really enjoy your recipes. i'm a vegetarian trying to cut out dairy the best i can. your recipes definitely help!

    i agree, california is beautiful! i mostly love having snow, sunshine, mountains, the beach and big cities all in one state!

    thanks for taking a look at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Erin,
    Believe me I've been blogging for 2 years and I still feel new to this all!
    I'm so happy your enjoying my recipes. I try keeping them simple enough to put together, but yet tasty enough to enjoy without having to include dairy, or meat to the dish for added flavor.
    I was just in LA recently and I loved it so much I didn't want to come home! You are so lucky to live there. Both me and my hubby think California has it all.
    I look forward to visiting your blog often and reading up on your posts.
    Wishing you a very pleasant evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete