Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Potato and Parsley Salad

Over memorial day weekend I tried a delicious potato salad recipe I got out of my "Real Simple" magazine.
Even though the recipe called for beacon, I left it out to keep it vegetarian and to keep it low in fat.
If your interested in trying a tasty, healthier version of potato salad then this one's sure to satisfy your taste buds.

Ingredients;
1 1/2 lb new potatoes
3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup fresh flat leafed parsley,
roughly chopped
Place potatoes in a pot full of water. Add salt to the water and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut into quarters.
In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together.
Toss with potatoes and parsley.

You can chill this before serving, or serve it right away.

2 comments:

  1. That is a good potato salad recipe. I make a similar one. Try using fingerlings for change. Also add chives or other herbs. I don't think I ever make it the same way twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy,
    I love healthy potato salads.
    Thanks for the suggestions I'll have to try it!
    have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete