Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lemon Cucumber

This summer I'll be planting "Lemon Cucumber" in my veggie garden. I've never planted this variety before, so I'm excited about it.
These Cucumbers have been popular for years. They're supposed to have an unusually sweet flavor and a brilliant bright color. They grow to the size of a large lemon, so they're much more petite than the average cucumber. I've read that they're perfect in salads, especially when mixed with yellow peppers and yellow pear tomatoes.
It's been a week since I started the seeds indoors. This morning I peaked into the cups I planted my seeds in and to my surprise all six cups have these cucumbers sprouting out of the soil already!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to enjoying this tasty vegetable in my salads and sandwiches all summer long.





6 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia, I have never heard of 'lemon cucumber' before. I am looking forward to seeing them, please post a picture. Im a fan of cucumber, they are so refreshing. When I was a kid I had it most days in my packed lunch sandwiches at school. For something that is mostly water, it really does add something whether its in a sandwich or in a salad. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...meant to say, Lovely Lydia! I wish I could trade you some yellow pear tomato plants for some lemon cukes...:)
    Growing things is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia, I've purchased lemon cucumbers from the Farmers Market. They are very good. I enjoyed them in salads and just munching on them with a sandwich or snack. Let us know how they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda,
    I've been looking for some yellow pear tomatoes to grow for a few years now, but none of the garden centers have had them.
    I love the yellow pear tomatoes!
    I hope to find then this year!
    have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Judy,
    Thank you for letting me know! I'm so looking forward to growing them. They're growing great in my little cups right now! I hope to have a small veggie stand this summer.
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete