Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Painted Gourds


Well I'm back from my break. . Some of my time was spent taking photos of nature and painting the basket of gourds above. I'm still working on finishing my painting. Hopefully I can have it finished painting posted by next week. Unfortunately, when I finally had all the gourds painted, my son got hold of them and started peeling the paint off. This is why there's some chipping on them. That's o.k., because things in life don't have to be perfect to be beautiful. As a matter of fact, it's the dents and dings from life, that create a unique beauty with each and everyone of us, no matter what others may say or think about us.
It's great to be back and I look forward to spending more time visiting everyone else's blogs. I thank everyone who came and visited my blog while I was off.

9 comments:

  1. Bonsoir ma chère Laura,
    I am so glad that you are blogging again. I missed your lovely posts.
    The painted gourds are beautiful, like the sun, moon and stars ...
    Wishing you a relaxing Saturday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia..welcome back!

    You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, thanks for coming by and posting but I am a little confuesed about posting I notice 2 blogs and don't know which one is yours, and which one you are talking about too link ") marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva,
    Thank you. It's great to be back. I'm very happy you like my gourds. They were interesting to paint.
    Wishing you a nice Sunday,
    Lydia

    Hello Jan, Thank you. I'm happy to be back.
    Wishing you a pleasant Sunday afternoon,
    Lydia

    Hello Marina,
    Your very welcome. I meant that if you have another blog I would like to place it on my link list.
    My main blog is; " Lydia's organic gardening, recipes and artwork"
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia, what great gourds! I agree about the beauty in imperfection...very wabi sabi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Amber,
    Thank you! Have a wonderful evening.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lydia,
    I`m so glad that you are back!
    And thanks for stopping at my home/blog a few times.
    You comments are always so uplifting!
    I feel that I have made another BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED FRIEND!
    I will come back and comment on your other post later on... But first I need to take my 3 Treasures to school!
    Kisses
    To my new FRIEND.

    Debbie moss

    (From England)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Debbie,
    I enjoy your blog very much!
    I too feel we have made friends with each other.
    How cute your 3 treasures must be!
    I look forward to visiting your blog more often.
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lydia I love the colors you picked. The gourds are very beautiful and well done. I will grow some next year. You are a great artist with paint and nature too! I liked the burm too very much. Well have a great Holloween to you and your Family. And all your friends too.

    ReplyDelete