Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lentil and Black Bean Chili

This meatless chili is high in protein and low in fat. To my surprise, my daughter even enjoyed this dish last night!
Ingredients;
1 cup of cooked brown lentils
1 chopped onion
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 green sweet pepper, chopped
1/2 finely chopped sereno pepper
6 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tbs or more olive oil
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1 cup of cooked black beans
Chop onions, garlic and peppers.
Heat oil in large skillet, and add vegetables. Saute over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes, spices, water and salt to vegetables. Cover and continue to cook over medium heat stiring occasionally. After 15 min, reduce to simmer.
Cook for about 15 more minutes, or until tomatoes and veggies are soft.
Add lentils and beans. Cook about 5 minutes longer and serve.

6 comments:

  1. Great recipe.
    Thank you, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the lentil story continues :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deeps,
      I am on a lentil kick right now lol, and I will have one more lentil recipe to post next week.
      Wishing you a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lydia: I may have told you about a Lentil soup served at Carrabbas restaurant. But this recipie sounds so much better and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,
      I don't recall that you did. I would love to hear about it though! I hope you enjoy this dish! It is delicious!
      Have a nice night!

      Delete