Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brown rice with cilanro and beans

I just had this amazing dish for lunch.
Ingredients;
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
3 chopped tomatoes
1 cup stuffed pimento green olives, drained
1/2 cup of raisins
1tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
Sea salt to taste
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
2 cups cooked brown rice

Cook rice according to directions.
Add olive oil to skillet and heat.
Add corn and chopped tomatoes to pan, saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the spices, raisins, and olives. Cook a few minutes longer.
Stir in cooked rice and fresh cilantro. Squeeze the juice of one lime into mixture and season with salt, then serve!


7 comments:

  1. This looks great, Lydia. I've always favored brown rice, and the ingredients sound perfect!

    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    I like brown rice better too. It's much more nutritious than white rice.
    I hope to be blogging more new recipes this month.
    The other week I was at the grocery store in the freezer section and I noticed the frozen fruit area. I remember you mentioning that you eat frozen blueberries. I decided to buy frozen blueberries, strawberries and peaches. They Taste wonderful!
    Thanks for letting me know about frozen blueberries. They taste great in my morning and afternoon protein shakes.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaa some cooking tips..
    thanks for sharing...

    here in India, we mostly use rice and wheat..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Deeps,
    Your very welcome. I only eat whole grain and wheat products. I also love rice especially brown basmati rice.
    I enjoy Indian food. We have a few great Indian restaurants here that are amazing!
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia: I believe the brand I buy is Heartland (formerly Newman Owns). I freeze them at home. They are very small in size. Great for energy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael,
    I see you freeze them yourself. I buy them already frozen, but I make sure the only ingredients is the fruit. They blend well in protein shakes.
    I either buy Dole or sunrise growers in frozen fruit. The frozen mangos and peaches are delicious also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Thanks, I'll check out your webpage! I hope you continue to enjoy the healthy vegan recipes I post on my blog.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete