Monday, January 14, 2013

Vegan seaweed wraps

The other day I viewed a yummy  recipe on youtube. I have a subscription to modern mom which is on YouTube. There's always great healthy recipes and other health related videos on there.
Brooke Burke does some of the videos for modern mom and it was her seaweed video that looked so delicious. The original version is made with turkey lunchmeat, so I thought I would make the wraps vegan by using tofu instead.
I made these tonight and I was happy I did. They tasted fresh and fabulous.
Here's the recipe,
A bamboo matt makes it easier to roll the each wrap.
1 package of seaweed wraps ( I used Nori seaweed)
Lettuce
1 avocado sliced lengthwise
1 cucumber peeled and sliced lengthwise
Diced, firm tofu
Place a seaweed wrap on the mat, and fill with a small about of each ingredient, then roll using the mat to tighten the wrap.
These wraps taste great dipped in soy sauce, or season rice vinegar, Balsamic Blend.






2 comments:

  1. Lydia: Your creativity is amazing to me, and I'm always left surprised when I visit here! Very nice!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Thank you! What an awesome complement!
    I hope you keep enjoying my posts .
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete