Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Autumn Detox

Photo by me
Autumn is a great time to detox yourself spiritually, mentally and physically.
Here's some great tips on how to follow an easy 3 day detox.
Eat only natural foods such as whole grains, vegetables, brown rice, beans, tofu, and fresh fruits.  Flavor with sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, lemon or lime juice and herbs, either dried or fresh.
Load up on fresh fruits and veggies for snacks.
Drink plenty of water with a twist of lemon though out the day.
A great tea to drink during this 3 day detox is, "Everyday Detox" by "Traditional Medicinals. 2 or three cups of this tea a day during detox is good.
Spend as much free time as you can by yourself  inside and out in nature. Do the things you enjoy to do when your alone.
Journal your feelings every night or morning.
Do easy exercises that not only benefit your body but also your mind and soul, such as yoga.



9 comments:

  1. Detoxing inside and out is surely

    a good idea, Lydia. Thank you for

    all of this helpful advice.

    Wishing you good look with your

    upcoming art exhibition,

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia :)
    I really enjoyed the post.The stone gives the image of a person.
    Do you practice yoga?
    Thank you for visitng my blog.
    Hope you and family are fine
    I am fine and wishing you happy diwali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Olivia,
    Your wlecome. I think detoxing our bodies during each season is important, though I can't do the detox programs that require us to go without food for periods of time. I get too hungry.
    I find this detox program very easy to stick to, because there is no fasting or starving yourself involved.
    Thank you for your kind wishes on my art exhibition.
    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Deepak,
    I'm happy you enjoyed this post!
    I have to take another look at the stone in the photo, because I find what you see interesting.
    I use to practice yoga and I'm now once again slowly fitting yoga back into my exercises routine. It's a nice change from the more vigorous workouts.Your
    blog is very nice and I look forward to visiting you more often!
    Many blessings from me to you!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia you are so right October was such a long month I know I need a break before the holiday madness great post!!! Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening, Lydia,

    going without food is hard while

    working, so I guess you'll have to

    do a light form of this detoxing

    program. I wish you good results.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello jamerson, It's been rough for me too and long, Hopefully things will become smoother and the new year will bring me you and everyone else happiness and peace.
    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Olivia,
    this is the only way I'll do it.
    Thank you! I'm starting my detox tomorrow.
    I hope all is going well with you and you've been enjoying your weekend?
    I've been pretty busy for the past few days, this is the first time I was able to get online since thursday.
    Blessings and much happiness!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete