Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pico de Gallo and whole grain pasta

This is an awesome, healthy, yummy dish!
This is a perfect dinner to enjoy during the warmer weather.
Ingredients;
1 package  of whole grain bowtie pasta, cooked according to directions on the box
1/2 cup chopped vidalia onions
1 pint of chopped grape tomatoes
1 finely chopped and seeded
jalapeno pepper
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup of cooked pinto beans (optional)
Cook pasta according to directions. Strain and let cool, then store in fridge until later.
Meanwhile mix everything else except beans, in a separate bowl and stir well. Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours.
When ready to serve toss the "pico de gallo" with pasta and/or beans and serve cold.
This also makes for a delicious veggie, or tortila dip, instead of being mixed with pasta.

9 comments:

  1. Lydia: I can see this as a Tortilla Dip. Very refreshing and good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Your welcome. This makes for a delicious tortillas dip! I have a few great veggie and totilla dip recipes to share this next few weeks. They're perfect for the hot weather.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this must be from your garden ha?
    fresh and chemical free... :)

    by the way, sorry i didnt get your last comment back at my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Deeps ,
    I do all organic and 0 chemicals. if i use a pesticide its organic.
    Thanks for letting me know. i will have to repost.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, got it.
    that place we were talking about was my home state only, Kerala, it s South Indian state...
    if you have any plan to visit India do let me know... now it s rainy season in Kerala...you can just google search...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that’s about my home state only, Kerala which is a south Indian state. If you have any plan to visit India do let me know, now are having rainy season here…do a google search to know more…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deeps,
    I see. Thanks.
    I'm sure India is a very pretty country. I would love to visit one day and if I do i would surely let you know.
    I also love Indian food!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is perfect here in our country then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome to my blog! I'm glad you like this recipe.
      I look forward to visiting your blog.
      Have a great day.

      Delete