Friday, February 4, 2011

Stir-Fried Cabbage with Red Chile Peppers, Peanuts, and Peas

Ingredients;
3 Tbs canola oil
1/12 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric powder
3 dried red chili peppers
2 cups unsalted American peanuts
1 large cabbage, cored and finely chopped
2 cups frozen peas
1 to 1/12 tsp sea salt, or to taste

Heat canola oil with cumin seeds, turmeric powder, and chile peppers in a large pot or wok over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chilies become smoky(about 3 minutes).
Add peanuts and cook for 2 more minutes to brown them slightly and heat them up.
Add 1/2 of the cabbage and all of the peas; stir yo combine herbs.
When the cabbage starts to wilt, stir in the remaining cabbage. Cook, stirring often until cabbage has reduced by one-third and the cabbage looks somewhat browned around the edges.(about 15 to 30 minutes).
Mix in salt and serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia hey that looks good and that is a very nice picture you took of yourself Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jamerson, Sorry I just got on to notice your post tonight! I've been fighting the flu!
    Thank you! My hubby took that of me at fridays 2 weeks agao. I'm enjoying a blackberry margarita!
    It was delicious!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia sorry to hear that you had the flu. I hope you feel better!! Wishing you your family and friends a Happy Valentinesday !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamerson, thank you. I feel alot better than i did last week. I had an awful flu.
    Valentines day was nice. I hope your valentines day was nice also.
    have a great evening,
    LydiaPS I'm getting cabin fever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete